Wednesday, January 13, 2010

ACE FREHLEY:"I THOUGHT (PSYCHO-CIRCUS) WAS GOING TO BE A COLLABORATIVE EFFORT"

by Thomas S. Orwat Jr./Rock Music Star
Photo:Marshall for Kiss Mask.
Ace Frehley in Cleveland, Nov. '09.
RockMusicStar: First of all, I want to congratulate you on your new CD, from what I heard of it, it's absolutely mind-blowing and this is coming from a life long KISS fan. You’re back and I absolutely love it. I’m sure you’re getting that response from your fans.

Ace Frehley: I put my heart and soul into this record. I started tracking in 2007, it’s been a long process, in the middle of writing, in the middle of recording; I decided to do a tour in 2008. I went over to Europe twice and Canada then came back, finished it up and went out to L.A. to mix it. It’s everything I wanted it to be and more.

RMS: Did you have any goal to try to recapture the vibe that you had on your 1st solo record?AF: Yeah, absolutely. I re-examined that record and try to recapture some of the feeling and musical textures and the vibe of that record. I try to get into the same mindset.

RMS: When are you going to hit the road to support this? Do you have any plans yet?

AF: I believe we’re hitting the road beginning of October.

RMS: Wow, that soon.

AF: Yeah.

RMS: It must have been a mixed blessing that KISS is releasing their new record right around the time you are. You’re definitely benefiting from all the hype and they’re benefiting from the hype of your CD as well. You would have to be pretty happy about that?

AF: It’s not something I think about much at all. I announced this record a couple of years ago. They announced their record sometime this year. Is there a coincidence why they’re coming out at the same time? I have no idea and it’s not something I really think much about. There’s going to be the obvious comparisons. I leave that up to the fans to make the comparisons.

No comments: